Last updated 8 days ago
Check out our newest Love Letter from lifestyle blogger Stevie Wilson. We <3 Stevie, too!
Last updated 16 days ago
One of life's great mysteries has finally been tackled by science: why does everyone look hotter in sunglasses
According to Vanessa Brown of Nottingham Trent University, there are three main factors at play here:
1.Symmetry. Sunglasses cover up any asymmetries around your eyes and cheekbones, instantly upping your "technical" hotness quotient! (Research has consistently shown that facial symmetry is a key player in facial attractiveness).
2. Mystery. Eyes really ARE the window to the soul! Eye contact helps us make initial judgments about the people we see and meet -- their intelligence, confidence, and sincerity. Cover up your eyes and you become unreadable and mysterious, which research also shows ups a person's attractiveness.
3. Glamour. Here's a little history: sunglasses first came on the scene in a big way in the 1940s, primarily for use in "cool and dangerous" activities, like extreme sports and aviation. In the 1950s, Hollywood stars began wearing sunglasses to deflect the paparazzi and over-zealous fans. Hence the cultural link between sunglasses and glamour!
If you're ready to make your hot self even hotter, come by 10/10 Optics
and find your perfect pair of sunglasses!
P.S. Our regular frames also have been known to up our clients' hottness factor by up to a million percent... it's science, we swear! ;)
Last updated 29 days ago
It doesn't get more custom -- or cooler! -- than Ronit Furst Handpainted Eyewear.
Ronit got into the eyewear fashion biz completely by accident. After searching fruitlessly for her next fabulous pair of frames, she decided to take things into her own hands -- literally -- and painted a pair of her old frames in a tasty technicolor palette. The rave reviews her frames got from family, friends, and perfect strangers, inspired her to produce her own line of eyewear -- and now, fourteen years later, she's one of the most popular eyewear designers out there!
Every single pair of Ronit Furst glasses is handpainted, and designed to bring the wearer's unique quirks and funky personality to the forefront. Ronit Furst frames are available in every color combo imaginable -- and 10/10 Optics
has dozens of her designs in stock!
If you're ready for your funnest and funkiest frames ever, come visit us
! Just be warned -- Ronit Furst eyewear is addictive!
Last updated 1 month ago
A Brief History of Glasses
When you visit us at 10/10 Optics
to pick your newest frames from our dozens of spectacular collections
, did you know that you're benefiting from almost 800 years of medical, engineering, and design breakthroughs? True story!
The earliest glasses were invented in the late 13th century, and had lenses made of quartz. Frames were made of bone, metal or leather, and were shaped like two small magnifying glasses attached by an upside-down "V". To wear them, a person had to balance them by the inverse "V" on the bridge of their nose. Keeping glasses on the wearer's face was a challenge that took almost 350 years to solve -- it wasn't until the mid 1700s that a British optician invented glasses with the sidepieces we know and love today!
Glasses started to become fashionable in the early 1900s, and by the 1930s, glasses-wearers had a huge selection of designs to choose from.
Glasses fashion and technology has certainly come a long way since the days of bone and quartz. But if that's your style, no worries -- 10/10 Optics
has something for everyone!
Last updated 1 month ago
Five Hot Makeup Tips for Glasses-Wearers
1. Complement your frames!
Choose eyeshadow colors that contrast and compliment the color of your frames. Check out a color wheel
for inspiration - colors directly across from each other on the wheel create the most dramatic contrast when paired! (Shimmer or glitter eyeshadow make a great partner for all-black frames).
2. Thick frames = thick liner. If you have an oh-so-fashionable pair of thick frames, draw thick lines with your eyeliner. This creates a balanced aesthetic around your eyes!
3. Don't apply eyeshadow beyond your frame line. This results in a messy look. (Unless that's what you're going for!).
4. Shape your eyebrows!
Your eyebrows become an even more prominent feature when you wear glasses. Find the eyebrow shape
that works best with your face, and keep those babies groomed!
5. Make your lips pop. Now that you've got your eye makeup down, balance out your look with a bold shade on your lips, or with your favorite gloss!
Stop by 10/10 Optics
to find the frames that define your unique style and fit your personality!